domingo, 22 de março de 2009

Amor além da vida

Este diálogo é enorme, mais vale a pena. Na minha opinião é uma das cenas mais emocionantes do filme. É o momento em que o Christy traz a tona lembrançar que tirarão a Annie do "inverno".

Eu sempre me emociono quando assisto este filme. É o meu predileto.

Enfim, vamos ao diálogo:

Christy: I need to talk to you. And you don't have to respond. This is a one-way ticket. For me. My hanging around here is not helping you. And it's killing me. So, today its's kind of a D day. "D" for decision, I guess. For divorce.

Annie: That"ll be two D's.

Christy: Stated correctly. That's what happens when you don't say anything for a month. Cindy called. She said everything is waiting for you. All the artists and curators will meet with you when you're better. and I told her...It was the museum, and all of those meetings...that kept you from driving that day. And if you went back, it'd be you weren't sorry...and you weren't wrong and you'd be betraying your children. She said you were crazy and I said she was a soloist bitch...and I hung up on her. That didn't go very well. What is true in our minds is true. Whether some people know it or not. That is when I realized I'm part of the problem. Not because I remind you. Because I couldn't join you. So I left you alone. Don't give up, okay?

Annie: Okay.

Christy: It's okay.

Annie: Okay.

Annie: So, you reconciled. That's very romantic. But she still killed herself. In the end, she gave up.

Christy: There's nothing wrong with that.

Annie: Her husband didn't think so.

Christy: He was a coward. Being strong, not giving up... It was just his place to hide. He pushed away the pain. So hard...He disconnected himself from the person he loved the most. Sometimes, when you win, you lose. When he saw his children again...

Annie: I thought you said your children were dead.

Christy: You can see the dead in your dreams, if you want to.

Annie: I wanna see Christy.

Christy: I can show you. It's not hard. All you have to do is like painting a picture. We do it together. Just close your eyes, don't be afraid. Remember where you were married?

Annie: Christy.

Christy: Who else would be marrying in your dreams?

Annie: I missed you so.

Christy: Annie, this is real. The man in the garden is me.

Annie: No. Whoever you are, whatever you want. You can take him from me.

Christy: I'm sorry baby. But there are some things I have to say and only got a few minutes left. I'm sorry for all the things I'll never give you. I'll never buy you another meatball sub with extra sauce. Always the big one. I'll never make you smile. I just wanted us to be old together. Two old farts laughing at each other about they're falling apart. Together, at the end, at that lake in your painting. It was our heaven, see? There's lot of things to miss. Books, naps, kisses... fights. God, we had some great ones. Thank you for those. Thank you for every kindness. thank you for our children. Thank you for being someone I was always pround to be with. For your guts, for your sweetness. For how you always looked, for how I always wanted to touch you. You were my life. I apologize for every time I failed you. Specially this one.


ANÁLISE TOP 10

Vamos fazer algumas análises deste diálogo.

1 - Na primeira fala, quando o Christy diz: "I need to talk to you", a tradução seria: "Eu preciso falar com você". Em português não seria necessário a preposição, porém o verbo "need" sempre acompanha o "to" quando seguido de outro verbo.

2 - "Kind of" significa: " um tipo de" ou "uma espécie de".

3 - "D" for decision. Nesta frase o for é traduzido como "de", ou seja, "D" de decisão.

4 - Meeting, driving and painting são substantivos e não verbos na forma progressiva.

Meeting = encontro, reunião
Driving = direção, condução
Painting = pintura

5 - Went back (past of go back) , give up ou gave up (past), hung up (past of hang up), pushed away (past of push away) and falling apart (gerund form of fall apart), são "Phrasal Verbs", ou seja, combinações de verbo + advérbio ou preposição que resulta num significado único e diferente se for traduzido por partes.

Go back = voltar / voltar atrás
Give up = desistir
Hang up = desligar / interromper uma ligação
Push away = repelir / afastar
Fall apart = despedaçar

6 - "Have to", significa "ter que (fazer algo). Também mostra uma obrigação.

7 - "Big one" e "great ones". Neste caso o "one" ou "ones" substitui o substantivo que já está claro. Não é necessário repetí-lo. No primeiro caso, o "one" substitui o substantivo "sub" e no segundo caso, o "ones" substitui o substantivo "fights".

8 - Whoever pode ser traduzido como: "quem quer que seja" e whatever como: não importa o que ou seja lá o que for. Whatever também é usado para dizer: "tanto faz". Também acompanha o "ever" as palavras "where" e "when". Sendo assim, wherever: onde quer que ou em qualquer lugar e whenever: sempre que ou em qualquer tempo.

9 - Who else: quem mais

10 - E para finalizar o nosso "Top 10", o uso de determinadas preposições com palavras específicas. São elas:

Laugh at: rir de
Thanks for: obrigado por
Apologize for: desculpe por

A dica é que todos os verbos levam o "ing" após uma preposição. Por exemplo: Thank you for attending my lecture. (Obrigado por participar da minha palestra).

Se precisar de mais ajuda para compreender este diálogo, me mande um e-mail: roberta.gomez@gmail .com

Até a próxima semana.

Um comentário:

Visitas