segunda-feira, 15 de junho de 2009

Uma Linda Mulher

Esta cena clássica do filme "Uma Linda Mulher" é curta e fácil. Espero que vcs gostem.



Saleswoman 1 - May I help you?

Vivian - No, thank you. Hi.

Saleswoman 2 - Hello.

Vivian - Do you remember me ?

Saleswoman 2 - No, I'm sorry.

Vivian - I was in here yesterday. You wouldn't wait on me.

Saleswoman 2 - Oh.

Vivian - You work on commission, right ?

Saleswoman 2 - Uh, yes.

Vivian - Big mistake. Big. Huge! I have to go shopping now.
__________

Vivian - Do I look okay?

Edward - Mmm.

Vivian - Mmm?

Edward - Something's missing.

Vivian - Well, nothing else is gonna fit into this dress. I'll tell ya that.

Edward - Well, maybe something in this box. I don't want you to get too excited. This is only on loan.

Vivian - Oh !They really let you borrow this from the jewelry store ?

Edward - I'm a very good customer.

Vivian - If you were gonna buy this, how much would it cost ?

Edward - Quarter of a million.

Vivian - A quarter of a million dollars ? So, where we going?

Edward - It's a surprise.

Vivian - If I forget to tell you later, I had a really good time tonight.

Edward - Thank you. When you're not fidgeting, you look very beautiful... and very tall.

__________

TOP 10 SENTENCES

1 - May I help you? = Posso ajudá-la?
Exemplos com "may":
It may rain = Pode chover (evento provável)
May I use your bathroom = Posso usar seu banheiro (permissão)
You may have to change money = Você poder ter que trocar dinheiro (não é certeza)

2 - You work on commission
Exemplos com "work on":
Did you work on holiday? = Você trabalhou no feriado?
Would you like to work on a ship? = Você gostaria de trabalhar em um navio?
The work on this website was all created by me. O trabalho neste website foi todo criado por mim

3 - Big mistake = Grande erro
Exemplos com "big":
Big business = grande negócio
Big storm = grande tempestade
Big Bang = grande explosão

4 - Do I look okay? = Estou bem?
How do you manage to look so young? = Como você consegue parecer tão jovem?
I look like my mother = Eu me pareço com a minha mãe
You don't look your age = Você não aparenta a idade que tem

5 - Something's missing = Algo está faltando
Exemplos com "missing":
I have a tooth missing = Eu tenho um dente faltando
Missing information = Falta de informação
I miss you = Eu sinto a sua falta

6 - This is only on loan = É emprestado
Only readers can have books on loan = Somente leitores podem ter livros emprestados
The following item is on-loan = O próximo item é emprestado

7 - I'm a very good customer = Eu sou um cliente muito bom
Outros exemplos com "very good":
It was a very good year = Foi um ano muito bom
A very good place to start = Um lugar muito bom para começar
I make a very good food = Eu faço uma comida muito boa

8 - how much would it cost = Quanto ele custaria?
Outros exemplos com
How much do you love me? = O quanto você me ama?
How much is your blog worth? = Quanto vale o seu blog?
How much do you weight? = Quanto você pesa?

9 - Quarter of a million = $250,000
Outros exemplos com "million"
Last year, two and a half million Americans lost jobs = Ano passado, 2 milhões e meio de americanos perderam seus empregos
A billion has twice as many zeros as a million = Um bilhão tem duas vezes mais mais zeros que um milhão
They are offering a one-million-dollar prize = Eles estão oferecendo um prêmio de um milhão

10 - you look very beautiful
"See sentence 4"

Um comentário:

  1. Hey terrific blog! Does running a blog like this take
    a great deal of work? I've virtually no knowledge of coding but I was hoping to start my own blog in the near future.
    Anyways, if you have any recommendations or techniques for new blog owners
    please share. I know this is off subject nevertheless I just needed to ask.
    Cheers!

    Also visit my web-site: gry

    ResponderExcluir

Visitas