quinta-feira, 20 de agosto de 2009

Superman - O Retorno

Em homenagem ao mês dos PAIS, não poderíamos deixar de escolher uma cena do filme "SUPERMAN", já que os nossos pais são nossos super-heróis.


Superman - You know, you really shouldn't smoke, Miss Lane. Sorry. Didn't mean to startle you.

Lois - No, I'm fine. Really. I just wasn't expecting you.

Superman - With all the press on the plane I wasn't sure it was the best time for us to talk.

Lois - Well, there's no press around now. Except for me, of course.

Superman - I know people are asking questions now that I'm back. I think it's only fair that I answer those people.

Lois - So you're here for an interview? Okay, then. Where did I put that thing?

Superman - Right pocket.

Lois - Let's start with the big question. Where'd you go?

Superman - To Krypton.

Lois - But you told me it was destroyed. Ages ago.

Superman - It was. But when astronomers thought they found it I had to see for myself.

Lois - Well, you're back, and everyone seems to be pretty happy about it.

Superman - Not everyone. I read the article, Lois.

Lois - So did a lot of people. Tomorrow they're giving me the Pulitzer.

Superman - Why did you write it?

Lois - How could you leave us like that? I moved on. So did the rest of us. That's why I wrote it. The world doesn't need a savior. And neither do I.

Superman - Lois. Will you come with me?

Lois - Why?

Superman - There's something I wanna show you. Please.

Lois - I can't be gone long.

Superman - You won't be.

Lois - Clark said the reason you left without saying goodbye is because it was too unbearable for you. Personally, I think that's a load of crap.

Superman - Clark?

Lois - He's just a guy I work with.

Superman - Maybe Clark's right.

Lois - You know, my Richard, he's a pilot. He takes me up all the time.

Superman - Not like this.

Lois - I forgot how warm you were.

Superman - Listen. What do you hear?

Lois - Nothing.

Superman - I hear everything. You wrote that the world doesn't need a savior but every day I hear people crying for one. I'm sorry I left you, Lois. I'll take you back now.

Lois - Richard's a good man. And you've been gone a long time.

Superman - I know.

Lois - I... So will I see you around?

Superman - I'm always around. Good night, Lois.
_________________________________________

TOP 10 SENTENCES:


1 - ...you really shouldn't smoke = ...você realmente não deveria fumar
O "should" é um auxiliar utilizado quando não há obrigatoriedade na ação = DEVERIA.
Quando ele acompanha o verbo no infinitivo, expressa um desejo futuro. Exemplo:
I should buy a car - Eu deveria comprar um carro.
Quando ele acompanha o "HAVE" + o verbo no particípio, expressa uma condição do passado.
Exemplo:
I should have bought a car - Eu deveria ter comprado um carro.

2 - I wasn't sure = Eu não tinha certeza
I am not sure = Eu não tenho certeza
I am sure = Eu tenho certeza
I will be sure = Eu terei certeza
Geralmente quando falamos que não temos certeza de algo, dizemos em seguida "se" (if / whether), utilizamos "question words" (when / what / who...) ou até mesmo outro verbo acompanhado do "to" (I am not sure to travel tomorrow = Eu não estou certo de viajar amanhã)
No futuro
Quando respondemos uma pergunta com "SURE!", estamos dizendo: "com certeza".

3 - Let's start with the big question = Vamos começar com a grande pergunta
Let's = let us
E sempre vem seguido de um verbo sem a partícula "to":
Let's talk = Vamos conversar
Let's drink = Vamos beber
Ou vem seguido da partícula "to" + um substantivo:
Let's go to bed = Vamos para a cama
Let's go to Paris = Vamos à Paris

4 - How could you leave us like that? = Como você pode nos deixar assim?
Há algumas combinações com o "How" para se fazer perguntas. As mais utilizadas são:
How about it? = Que tal?
How I am suppose to know? = Como eu deveria saber?
How big? / What size? = De que tamanho?
How come? = Como se explica?
How else? = De que outra forma?
How far? = Qual a distância?
How late? = Até que horas?
How long? = Quanto tempo?
How often? = Com que frequencia?
How wide is it? = Que largura tem?

5 - And neither do I = E nem eu
Na negativa, outras possíveis respostas seriam: Me neither / Nor do I (mais formal)
Na afirmativa: Me either / Even I / So do I / Me too.

6 - I can't be gone long = Não posso sumir por muito tempo
"Long" tem vários significados, porém encontramos muitas vezes seu uso em:
As long as: contanto que / desde que
Long time no see = Há quanto tempo não te vejo
How long...? = Há quando tempo...?
Metres long = metros de comprimento
Long range = de longo alcance
Long term = longo prazo
In the long run = no final das contas

7 - Personally, I think that's a load of crap = Pessoalmente, eu acho que é bobagem

8 - He's just a guy I work with = É só um cara com quem eu trabalho
No inglês, as preposições tendem a vir no final de uma pergunta.
Outros exemplos:
What are you looking for? = Pelo que você está procurando?
Who would you like to talk to? = Com quem você gostar de falar?
Where are you from? = De onde você é?
What are you talking about? = Sobre o que você está falando?

9 - And you've been gone a long time = E você foi embora há muito tempo

10 - I'm always around = Eu estou sempre por perto

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Visitas