quarta-feira, 9 de setembro de 2009

Matrix

Continuando o nosso ESPECIAL MATRIX neste mês de setembro, vamos rever a mais famosa luta do filme Matrix enquanto aprimoramos o nosso inglês. O diálogo, na realidade, tem 3 minutos, a partir daí é que começa a luta.


Smith: Mister Anderson! Did you get my package?

Neo: Yeah.

Smith: Well, good.

Morpheus: Smith.

Link: Whoever it is, he's not reading like an agent.

Smith: Surprised to see me?

Neo: No.

Smith: Then you're aware of it.

Neo: Of what?

Smith: Our connection. I don't fully understand how it happened. Perhaps some part of you imprinted onto me, something overwritten or copied. That is at this point irrelevant, what matters is that whatever happened, happened for a reason.

Neo: And what reason is that?

Smith: I killed you, Mister Anderson, I watched you die... With a certain satisfaction, I might add, and then something happened. Something that I knew was impossible, but it happened anyway. You destroyed me, Mister Anderson. Afterward, I knew the rules, I understood what I was supposed to do but I didn't. I couldn't. I was compelled to stay, compelled to disobey. And now here I stand because of you, Mister Anderson, because of you I'm no longer an agent of the system, because of you I've changed - I'm unplugged - a new man, so to speak, like you, apparently free.

Neo: Congratulations.

Smith: Thank you. But as you well know, appearances can be deceiving, which brings me back to the reason why we're here. We're not here because we're free, we're here because we're not free. There's no escaping reason, no denying purpose - because as we both know, without purpose, we would not exist.

Smith 2: It is purpose that created us,

Smith 3: Purpose that connects us,

Smith 4: Purpose that pulls us,

Smith 5: That guides us,

Smith 6: That drives us,

Smith 7: It is purpose that defines,

Smith 8 : Purpose that binds us.

Smith: We're here because of you, Mister Anderson, we're here to take from you what you tried to take from us. Purpose.

Trinity: What's happening to him?

Link: I don't know.

Smith: Yes, that's it, it'll be over soon.
_______________________________________________

TOP 10 SENTENCES


1 - Whoever it is = Quem quer que seja
Assim como "whoever", há outras palavras que também tem o sentido de "não importa". Por exemplo:
Não importa quem = WHOEVER
Não importa o que = WHATEVER
Não importa qual = WHICHEVER
Não importa como = HOWEVER
Não importa quando = WHENEVER

2 - ...you're aware of it = Você está ciente disto
Be aware of = estar ciente de (acompanha um substantivo ou verbo com ing)

3 - ...what matters is that whatever happened... = o que importa é que seja lá o que aconteceu...
VER SENTENCE 1

4 - Afterward, I knew the rules = Depois disso, eu sabia as regras
"Afterward" é algumas vezes confundido com "after". O "after" significa "depois de" ou "depois que". Ele precisa de um complemento. Já o "afterward" significa simplesmente "depois".

5 - I was supposed to do but I didn't = Eu deveria fazer, mas não fiz
Be supposed to + infinitive = should. Exemplo:
I'm supposed to do the homework ou I should do the homework.

6 - I'm no longer an agent of the system = Não sou mais agente do sistema
"No longer" é utilizado em frases afirmativas e no meio delas. Ele tem o mesmo significado de "any longer" ou "any more", porém estes são utilizados no final de frases negativas.

7 - ...as you well know = ...como você bem sabe

8 - Appearances can be deceiving = As aparências enganam
Também podemos dizer: "Appearances are deceiving" para o mesmo significado.

9 - ...no denying purpose = não negar o propósito

10 - ...it'll be over soon = ...isto acabará logo
To be over = estar acabado / estar terminado

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Visitas