quarta-feira, 21 de outubro de 2009

Os Incríveis

Olá pessoal, nesta semana temos um vídeo do filme "The Incredibles". A cena é com a Edna (a estilista que confecciona as fantasias).

Então vamos ao vídeo:



BOB: Jeez.

HELEN: Hurry, honey. Or you'll be late for work.

HELEN: Have a great day, honey.

BOB: Thanks.

HELEN: Help customers, climb ladders...

BOB: Bring bacon?

HELEN: All that jazz.

GUARD: You have an appointment?

BOB: I'm an old friend. I just wanted to...

GUARD: All visitors are required to make a reser--

EDNA: Get back to work! Go check the electric fence or something! What is it? Who are you? What do you want?

EDNA: My God, you've gotten fat. Come in. Come, come.

EDNA: Yes, things are going quite well. Quite well. My God, no complaints. But, you know, it is not the same. Not the same at all.

BOB: Weren't you just in the news? Some show in Prayge... Prague?

EDNA: Milan, darling. Milan. Supermodels. Ha! Nothing super about them. Spoiled, stupid, little stick figures with poofy lips who think only about themselves. Feh! I used to design for gods. But perhaps you come with a challenge, eh? I was surprised to get your call.

BOB: E, I just need a patch job.

EDNA: Hmm. This is megamesh. Outmoded, but very sturdy. And you've torn right through it! What have you been doing, Robert? Moonlighting hero work?

BOB: Must have happened a long time ago.

EDNA: I see. This is a hobo suit, darling. You can't be seen in this. I won't allow it! Fifteen years ago, maybe, but now?

BOB: What do you mean? You designed it.

EDNA: I never look back, darling. It distracts from the now. You need a new suit. That much is certain.

BOB: A new suit? Where the heck am I gonna get a new suit?

EDNA: You can't! It's impossible! I'm far too busy. So ask me now, before I again become sane.

BOB: Wait. You want to make me a suit?

EDNA: You push too hard, darling! But I accept. It will be bold. Dramatic!

BOB: Yeah.

EDNA: Heroic!

BOB: Yeah, something classic, like Dynaguy! Oh! He had a great look! Oh, the cape and the boots...

EDNA: No capes!

BOB: Isn't that my decision?

EDNA: Do you remember Thunderhead? Tall, storm powers. Nice man. Good with kids.

BOB: Listen, E...

EDNA: November 15th of '58. All was well, another day saved when his cape snagged on a missile fin.

BOB: Thunderhead was not the brightest bulb...

EDNA: Stratogale! April 23rd, '57. Cape caught in a jet turbine.

BOB: E, you can't generalize about these things.

EDNA: Meta-man, express elevator. Dynaguy, snag on Takeoff. Splashdown, sucked into a vortex. No capes! Now, go on. Your new suit will be finished before your next assignment.

_________________________________________________


TOP 10 SENTENCES

1 - All that jazz
= etc / e tudo mais

2 - Go check the electric fence = Vá checar a cerca elétrica

3 - You've gotten fat = Você tem engordado
Have got = British English
Have gotten = American English

4 - Quite well = Muito bem
A intensidade expressa por "quite" é menor que a de "very", mas superior a "little".

5 - I was surprised to get your call = Fiquei surpresa ao receber a sua visita
"call" tem vários significados como substantivo, dentre eles: chamada, visita, ligação e convite.

6 - I just need a patch job = Eu só preciso de uma remenda.

7 - This is a hobo suit = Este é um traje vagabundo

8 - It will be bold = Será audacioso

9 - He had a great look = Ele tinha uma ótima aparência

10 - ...before your next assignment = ...antes de sua próxima missão



Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Visitas