quinta-feira, 10 de dezembro de 2009

Um duende em Nova York


Buddy - Hello.

Executive - Hi.

Buddy - Ooh... Beautiful. Looks like a Christmas tree.

Walter - A reprint? You know how much that's gonna cost?

Printer - Two whole pages are missing.

Walter - The story doesn't make any sense. What, you think some kid's gonna notice two pages?

Printer - I mean, they... all they do is look at pictures.

Buddy - Sorry I can't ride with you the rest of the way up, But this is where my dad works. Well, have a good... Oh, I forgot to give you a hug!

Deb - Oh, I don't know, Connie, I've never declared kittens before. How many? Eight? Uh, I don't know if I'm gonna have time. Oh, all right, just bring them by the camper this week, and I'll see what I can do. I'm not gonna charge you. Just bring them by, and I'll see What I can do. I have to go.

Buddy - Excuse me. I'm here to see a Walter Hobs. I'm Buddy the elf.

Deb - You look hilarious! Who sent you?

Buddy - Papa elf.

Deb - Papa elf?

Buddy - From the North Pole.

Deb - From the North Pole?

Buddy - Yes.

Printer - So, you really think we should ship them?

Walter - No, I think we should take a $30,000 bath. So some kid can understand what happened to a puppy and a frigging pigeon ship them. Yeah.

Deb - Mr. Hobbs? It's me on the intercom.

Walter - Go ahead.

Deb - Yeah, I think some one sent you a Christmas-gram.

Buddy - Dad!

Walter - All right, uh, let's get it over with.

Buddy - I walked all day and night to find you.

Walter - Uh, you look like you came from the North Pole.

Buddy - That's exactly where I came from. Santa must've called you!

Walter - Oh, yeah, sure, he, uh... Just got off the cell phone with me.

Buddy - You did?!

Walter - So, go on.

Buddy - Go on with what?

Walter - Well, are... are you gonna sing a song or something, Or can I just go back to work?

Buddy - A song? Uh... Yeah. Anything for you, dad, uh... I... I'm, I'm here with my dad and we never met and he wants me to sing him a song. And, um, I was adopted. But you didn't know I was born. So, I'm here now, I found you, Daddy. And, guess what? I love you. I love you. I love you!

Walter - Wow, that was weird. You know, usually you guys just, uh, you know, Put my name into jingle bells or something.

Buddy - It's me, your son. Susan Wells had me, and... And she didn't tell you. And, and, and, but now I'm here... It's me Buddy.

Walter - Susan Wells. Uh, you said Susan Wells?

Buddy - Yes.

Walter - Who sent this Christmas-gram?

Buudy - What's a Christmas-gram? I want one.

Walter - Whispering I think we should call security.

Deb - Good idea.

Buddy - I like to whisper, too.

Buddy - It's okay, Walter's my father.

Security Guard #1 - Well, your dad's busy right now.

Buddy - Okay, I'll come back later.

Security Guard #2 - Yeah, you know, you're not gonna come back for a while, okay? You're gonna go back to Santa land.

Buddy - Okay.

Security Guard #1 - Yeah, why don't you go back to Gimbals'?

______________________________________


TOP 10 SENTENCES

1 - Sorry I can't ride with you the rest of the way up = Desculpe, não posso ir com você o resto do caminho
"Ride" possui vários significados, dentre eles, fazer um percurso, um trajeto. Por isso a tradução "ir".
DICA: Quando queremos dizer que vamos passear, dizemos = "to go for a ride".

2 - ...just bring them by the camper this week = ...apenas leve-os até o campista está semana
"Bring" equivale a "take" ou "carry" quando tem o sentido de levar algo ou alguém para algum lugar ou para alguma pessoa.
Para outros casos consulte na nossa página de recursos: BRING X TAKE X CARRY

3 - I'm Buddy the elf = Eu sou o Buddy, o duende

4 - You look hilarious = Você parece hilário
O"look" no sentido de "parecer", sempre acompanha um adjetivo. Se formos usar um nome, ou seja, fazer um comparativo, usamos o "look like". Veja exemplos na nossa página de recursos: LOOK X LOOK LIKE

5 - ...you really think we should ship them = ...você realmente acha que nós deveríamos enviá-los para venda
"To ship a book" significa enviar / liberar para ser vendido

6 - No, I think we should take a $30,000 bath = Não, acho que devemos tomar um prejuízo de $30.000
"Take a bath" nos negócios significa perder dinheiro

7 - I think some one sent you a Christmas-gram = Acho que alguém lhe enviou uma mensagem de Natal
"Christmas-gram" é uma mensagem de amor ou amizade enviada de uma pessoa para outra

8 - ...let's get it over with = Esta é uma expressão e significa: Vamos acabar com isso. Utilizada quando queremos que algo acabe o mais rápido possível.

9 - Just got off the cell phone with me = Ele acabou de desligar o celular
"Get off" = "hang up" = desligar o telefone

10 - why don't you go back to Gimbals' = por que você não volta para a Gimbals
"Gimbals" é uma conhecida loja de departamentos em Nova York.




Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Visitas