segunda-feira, 4 de maio de 2009

O Diabo veste Prada

O nome em inglês é "The Devil wears Prada".
Eu acho este filme SENSACIONAL. Afinal, quem nunca teve uma "Miranda Priestly" na vida.
Esta cena é muito boa e não é tão difícil. É o momento em que Miranda diz a Andy porquê a contratou.
Ela a humilha tanto que Andie decide mudar para provar que é digna do emprego.

Miranda - The girls' Recital was absolutely wonderful. They play Rachmaninoff. Everyone loved it, everyone except me, because, sadly, I was not there.

Andy - Miranda, I am so sorry.

Miranda - Do you know why I hired you? I always hire the same girl. Stylish, slender, of course, worships the magazine. But so often, they turn out to be... I don't know, disappointing and... stupid. So you, with you impressive résumé and the big speech about your so-called work ethic... I thought you would be different. I said to myself, " Go ahead, take a chance. Hire the smart fat girl. I had hope. My God, I live on it. Anyway you ended up disappointed me more than any of the others silly girls.

Andy: I really did everything I could thing of...

Miranda: That's all.

______________________________________

TOP 10

1- Slender = magra / delagada

2 - Worship = idolatrar

3- Turn out to be = revelar-se

4 - Speech = discurso

5- Go ahead = ir em frente

6- Take a chance = arriscar

7- I live on it = "Eu vivo dela".

8- Anyway = de qualquer maneira

9- End up = acabar em / ir parar em

10 - Silly = tolas

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Visitas